The main responsibilities of the Desktop Publisher include localizing translated documents for target language audiences.
- Formatting foreign language text in design programs
- Recreate graphics in translated languages
- Generating pdfs
- Implementing changes
- Assist with prepping source document
- Windows and Mac Environments
- Graphic Design Software knowledge (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, QuarkXpress, Framemaker, Acrobat)
- Familiarity with e-Learning software (Articulate, Captivate, Lectora)
- Experience with Typography and Layout Design concepts
- Familiarity with xml and html code
- Ability to learn proprietary programs quickly
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Motivated team player with a flexible attitude
- Technical Skills – Applicant must be capable using a variety of post-production tools as well as having the ability to quickly learn and efficiently use proprietary programs.
- Organization – This position entails working on a variety of projects simultaneously, all of which have individual timelines. Applicant must organize time well in order to ensure projects are running on time.
- Teamwork – Though much of this position will consist of independent work, applicant will need to have the flexibility to fulfill tasks with the AV team as the need arises.
The Sales Assistant reports directly to the Translation Department Manager and/or General
The main responsibilities include: assisting sales staff in all aspects of the project from proposal
- Assist Account Executive (AE) with proposals for all projects.
- Backup AE when they are out of the office.
- Manage all aspects of translation projects.
- Implement all tasks of project plan: update and maintain schedule, assign resources, update budget information, Q&A between vendors and translators, perform and/or ensure quality assurance procedures are followed during the project.
- Effectively maintain project documentation including Job Book updates
- Assist with Translation Memory and Terminology Database maintenance, and glossaries.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times.
- Follow project management procedures at all times.
Other duties include: preparation of files/documents for translation, communication with
translators throughout the project, management of project timelines and budgets, maintenance of
freelancer and project database, preparation of files/documents for archiving, and client contact.
The Sales Assistant stays in constant communication with all other departments and provides
vital assistance to sales staff. In addition, the Sales Assistant gathers information for sales
proposals, and participate in special events tasks.
- Be focused on internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Build the company by developing and improving service delivery processes, relationships, and technologies.
- Communicate effectively and extensively, across the company.
- Innovate, and contribute to process improvements.
- Be flexible about the content of your work.
- Use tools provided to track ongoing and in process projects.
- Be the conduit between, sales, clients, lead DTP person.
- Process the invoicing from the translators.
- Client contact including reviewers, proofers, editors.
- Negotiate rates and timelines with translators, interpreters, team leaders, editors.
- Manage TM’s and glossaries.
- Find, screen and hire translators, interpreters and editors.
Minimum qualifications would be ability to work with minimal supervision, excellent
organizational skills and good computer skills (a working knowledge of email and MS Office
applications are a must). The ability to work independently and learn quickly is essential to
success in this position.
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements; and
- Three references
Resumes not including all of the above information will not be considered.